POWELL, OH (WCMH) — A Chipotle restaurant in Delaware County was closed Monday and part of Tuesday after more than 150 people reported getting sick after eating there.
The affected location is at 9733 Sawmill Parkway in Powell.
In the last seven days, 165 people have reported getting sick at this Chipotle location on the website iwaspoisoned.com. Common symptoms reported include nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea.
A spokesperson said this is an “isolated incident” and restaurant was closed Monday “out of an abundance of caution.”
Our protocols identified a handful of illness reports at one restaurant in Powell, OH. We acted quickly and closed this single restaurant out of an abundance of caution and we are working with the local health officials to reopen this restaurant as soon as possible.
The restaurant reopened Tuesday afternoon.