A couple is facing child endangering charges, after they apparently overdosed on heroin while their baby was in the back seat of their car.
It happened in the parking lot of the Busy Beaver store on Whipple Avenue in Canton on August 10th, WKYC reported.
People driving by noticed Cody Powell and Michelle Hall lying on the pavement outside the car when they pulled up. They noticed the baby still inside and pulled her out. One eyewitness captured the scene of Powell and Hall overdosing on Facebook.
One witness told Stark County Sheriff’s deputies that the baby was covered in sweat inside the hot car and was given bottled water after being pulled out.
Police arrived on scene and gave Powell three doses of Narcan.
Powell and Hall were taken to the hospital and the baby was put in the custody of child protective services