Several mosques around central Ohio will open their doors to the community on Sunday for the first ever Central Ohio Open Mosque Day to help the interfaith community members get to know their Muslim neighbors.
Visitors will have an opportunity to meet members of their local Muslim community, enjoy light food and learn about Islam.
CAIR-Columbus is assisting with coordination for the event.
The following mosques are participating:
- Noor Islamic Cultural Center: 5001 Wilcox Rd. Dublin, OH
- Abubakar Assidiq Islamic Center: 591 Industrial Mile Rd. Columbus, OH
- Masjid Namrah: 4501 Refugee Rd. Columbus, OH
- Ahlul Bayt Society of Columbus: 2580 W Dublin, Granville Rd. Columbus, OH
- Masjid Omar Ibn El-Khattab: 580 Riverview Dr. Columbus, OH
- Masjid Ibn Taymiyah: 2334 Mock Rd. Columbus, OH
- Polaris Masjid: 8542 Cotter St. Lewis Center, OH
CAIR is America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. The CAIR-Ohio affiliate has three chapters in Ohio – Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati. Their mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.