LICKING COUNTY, Ohio (WCMH) — Licking Memorial Hospital has updated its visitation guidelines in light of the influx of COVID-19 cases due to the delta variant. In addition to wearing masks and performing hand hygiene:
- Patients are allowed one adult visitor at one time;
- Children (K-12) are not permitted to visit;
- Patients who test positive for COVID-19 may have one visitor at a time, with a total of two visitors per day;
- Visitors of COVID-positive patients must show their card showing they’re fully vaccinated;
- Clergy may visit patients at any time.
LMH makes some allowances:
- Labor & Delivery patients may have two visitors at a time, plus a doula during labor. One designated support person may stay with the patient throughout the birth process;
- Pediatric patients may have two visitors who must be a parent or guardian;
- Children may visit the hospice unit if it’s a one-time visit with pre-approval from hospice;
LMH says only the main entrance and the Emergency Department will be open, and that visitors will be screened for COVID-19 before entering the building.
In addition to the new guidelines, LMH is offering free at-home COVID-19 testing kits. They’re available this Saturday and Sunday, plus Mondays through Fridays from noon to 4 p.m. at 131 McMillen Drive in Newark.
Learn more on the LMH website.