Grill fire danger — beware!

Local News
GRILL FIRE DANGER_1558904340247.JPG.jpg

NBC4 Jobs

Vinyl siding and grills can’t cozy up, say firefighters at Liberty Township Fire Department who are cautioning Memorial Day backyard barbeque enthusiasts.

They posted this picture of a grill-gone-wrong on their social media site, and said that vinyl siding and hot grills are a bad combination.

Homeowners should double-check instructions for safe distances from structures before firing up.

Another danger can be fancy, outdoor grills that are built into houses. After a party, people can forget to turn off the barbeque before going to bed, the firefighter said.

“Remember grill safety and make sure your grill is not near the house,” a Liberty Township Firefighter cautioned. “Vinyl siding is particularly vulnerable.

“Be careful with built-in grills, and make sure they are turned off before you go to bed, or there is a high risk the house will catch fire.”

Remember fire safety this weekend — because no-one needs the stress of a grill gone wrong.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

NBC4 Jobs

Trending on NBC4i.com

Today's Central OH Forecast

More Forecast

Don't Miss

Alexa

Storm Team 4 on Alexa

W3Schools