Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and it’s not too late to start working on getting your gifts. According to WalletHub, Americans are estimated to spend over a billion dollars during the holiday. Candy, balloons, cards, and meals are always popular during Valentine’s Day but the continuous favorite is flowers.
Connells Maple Lee Flowers & Gifts is sending a heartfelt invitation to capture a behind-the scenes look at Valentine’s Day. We will visit the company’s central design department in Grove City for the arrival of some 60,000 roses and carnations and the handcrafting of hundreds of arrangements!
Florist at 5th Avenue Floral in Columbus said roses will always be the favorite but tulips come in second. They say they are prepared for the crazy week ahead of Valentine’s day.
“We have been working all weekend,” says 5th Avenue Floral’s Steve Hoover, “We have 5 extra designers, 4 extra drivers and a lot of extra salespeople. It’s the busiest holiday.”
Some advice when you start looking for the perfect arraignment.:
- Shop with a local florist. You can find one with good reviews instead of calling up one of the big national chains.
- Orders made on those online floral websites go out to local shops anyway. When you order online the flowers may not look like their photos.
- Trying to get flowers for someone far away? All you have to do is call a florist in their area.
- Don’t overlook the supermarket! You can get perfectly good and beautiful flowers from your local grocer and often times they are a lot less money.
- Avoid the pre-made bouquets, if you can, as they tend to wilt faster.