Local News

Firefighters escape before chimney, ceiling collapse during Franklinton house fire

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) - Columbus firefighters escaped a Franklinton house fire on Sunday morning before the chimney and ceiling collapsed.

The blaze was reported at about 3 a.m. at 79 Rodgers Ave. 

Nobody was inside the home at the time of the fire, but firefighters were pulled out of the house when the chimney started to collapse onto the building.

The chimney collapsed causing the ceiling to collapse into the house. 

No injuries have been reported and as of 6:30 a.m. crews were still at the scene.


STORY TOOLS

STORY DISCUSSION

Local Headlines

Latest Videos