DELAWARE COUNTY, Ohio (WCMH) — The Ohio Department of Transportation says a new roundabout in Delaware County with a unique shape is set to open to traffic on Monday.
The new roundabout is peanut-shaped, and ODOT says it operates the same as a circular roundabout. It was constructed to help the flow of traffic at the SR 61 and SR 656/Wilson Road intersection.
ODOT posted some “Dos and Dont’s” on Facebook to clear up any confusion. They include:
- Do: Turn right to enter the roundabout
- Do: Travel around the roundabout counter-clockwise
- Do: Yield to traffic already in the roundabout
- Don’t: Attempt to turn left or you’ll be headed the wrong way
- Don’t: Stop in the roundabout