COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) – One person is dead after a shooting at a Greyhound bus station in west Columbus Sunday night.

According to a Columbus police dispatcher, the shooting happened at the bus station on the 800 block of North Wilson Road at approximately 11:15 p.m. The male victim was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:21 p.m. Columbus police have not released the victim’s identity.

One person, 26-year-old Jibril Kim, is in custody at this time, though police are still reviewing security camera footage from the bus station terminal. Kim, who was detained by security at the scene, has been charged with murder.

It is not known yet if Kim was waiting for the victim inside the terminal or it there was an altercation on a bus leading up to the shooting.

CPD is asking that anyone with additional information to contact Columbus police at 614-645-4545. No one else was injured during the incident.

The bus station has been under a microscope for crime activity this year. In August, the City of Columbus started seeking an injunction against the owner of the station to declare the property a public nuisance.

“We’ve been saying this is going to happen, you know, from the very beginning, they had incidents, and then to be proven right is pretty infuriating,” neighbor Zachary Whitt said.

Whitt has led the neighborhood charge against the Greyhound bus terminal on Wilson Road since June. He said he hoped it would never come to this. He said he feels like the owner, Baron Bus Incorporated, is ignoring all of their pleas for change.

“Shame on them for allowing it to get this way. And blood’s on everyone’s hands at this point,” Whitt said.

In addition to various code violations, the city asserts an increase in criminal activity surrounding the location, including calls for assault, robbery, and shots fired.

In the six weeks before the terminal opened on Wilson Road, Columbus police received about 30 calls with one criminal offense being reported. In the six weeks after, police have been called to the area 62 times, with 14 criminal complaints reported.

The City of Columbus issued an ultimatum on July 28, giving Barons Bus Incorporated 20 days to comply after it found the terminal was operating without a certificate of occupancy or proper permits. Among other code violations found were improper permits for graphics, damage to the exterior of the building and operating more than two buses out of its location.

“The reality is, like, this site is not suitable for bus transit,” Columbus City Attorney Zach Klein said. “You have folks that are being dropped off, being picked up, that are milling around an abandoned gas station. It’s not set up for security, it’s not set up for sanitation, and so I think we have to come to an understanding that this site needs to be moved.”

Klein said Baron Bus’ legal team has been responsive. He said Tuesday the city will meet the owners for court-ordered mediation, followed by a hearing scheduled for Nov. 1.

“We’re going to make our case of why this place needs to be shut down, plain and simple,” Klein said. “It’s a threat and danger to our community.”

NBC 4 reached out to Baron Bus for a comment and has not received a response.

Whitt said the community is planning a town hall meeting with the city for Oct. 16 at 6 p.m. It will be held at the Columbus Police Training Academy.