COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — From “Jesus Christ Superstar” at the Ohio Theatre and the Columbus Italian Festival in downtown to the Columbus Zoo’s autumn festivities, here are things to see and do this weekend in central Ohio.
Ohio Theatre Thursday through Sunday
- Celebrating its 50th anniversary, the 2017 Olivier Award-winning production of “Jesus Christ Superstar” follows a series of events during the final weeks in the life of Jesus Christ as seen through the eyes of Judas. This production features lyrics and music from Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony winners Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Nationwide Arena at 7 p.m. on Thursday
- The Columbus Blue Jackets face the Washington Capitals.
St. John the Baptist Catholic Church from 5 to 11 p.m. Friday, noon to 11 p.m. Saturday and noon to 7 p.m. Sunday
- Festivalgoers will get an authentic taste of Italian culture, with handmade pastas, pastries, live entertainment, church tours and more.
Nationwide Arena at 8 p.m. on Friday
- Grammy Award-winning artist Fantasia is performing with special guest, Joe.
Columbus Zoo and Aquarium 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday
- This family-friendly Halloween event at the Columbus Zoo features trick-or-treating, live entertainment, pumpkin carving and more.
Ohio Village from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Saturday
- Join the Ohio Village for an evening of 1890s family fun, including pumpkin carving, crafts, games, a 19th-century masquerade and more.
Palace Theatre at 3 p.m. on Sunday
- Caputo, star of the TLC show “The Long Island Medium,” delivers messages directly to audience members by communicating with those who have passed on.
Zoombezi Bay, beginning Friday through Oct. 29
- Guests will explore a fiendish world of four haunted houses, two scare zones, six amusement rides, and other sinister surprises. Zombiezi Bay will be held on Friday and Saturday nights in September, and every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night in October.
Warren County, two miles west of I-71 at 10542 State Route 73, 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday through Oct. 29.
- Returning for a 34th season, this year’s eight-weekend festival features more than 150 shows daily, dozens of savory offerings, shops offering homemade crafts, and several special events.
Freeman’s Farm, through Oct. 31
- Families can enjoy hayrides, campfires, a petting zoo, kettle corn, scarecrow making, apple butter and more.
- Central Ohio is home to numerous farmers’ markets throughout the summer, offering locally grown produce, art, clothing and more.
- This fall is packed with central Ohio’s favorite events, including Boo at the Zoo and HighBall Halloween, along with numerous star-studded shows in the city’s biggest venues.
- Farms and orchards in central Ohio are open and offering a rich variety of produce — not just apples, but cherries, pears, peaches, and plums — as well as hayrides, corn mazes, petting zoos and more.
- Pumpkin patches are open as the autumn air settles in central Ohio, welcoming guests for picking, hayrides, corn mazes, petting zoos and more.
For more events, view NBC4’s community calendar.