COLUMBUS (WCMH) — The city of Columbus announced Tuesday it will stop accepting all in-person bill payments and issuing permits until further notice in an attempt to slow the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
Residents are urged to use the following methods to pay their bills:
- Drop boxes at 111 Front Street or in front of the Public Utilities Complex along Twin Rivers Drive at 910 Dublin Road
- Pay online
- Pay by phone to the customer service center from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. by calling 614-645-8276
- Western Union locations at Kroger
For permits, the city said applicants should email the permit info to UtilityPermits@columbus.gov
The changes affect services at the Department of Public Utilities, Building and Zoning Services, Recreation and Parks, and Department of Public Service at 111 Front Street, and the Coleman Government Center and Jerry Hammond Building at 1111 East Broad Street.
Below are other changes the city is making:
The front counter of the Building and Zoning Services will close at the end of business Tuesday.
Additionally, residential inspections will stop on all occupied buildings.
The following boards and commission have suspended their meetings until further notice:
- Board of Zoning Adjustment
- Columbus Building Commission
- Development Commission
- General and Home Improvement Contractors Board
- Graphics Commission
- Sign Erectors Board
- Skilled Trades Review Board
Building and Zoning Services operations will continue until further notice:
- All online activities will remain available
- Inspections for commercial, multi-family new build, and residential new builds with scheduling occurring online at www.columbus.gov/bzs or by phone (614) 645-8235
Recreation and Parks:
- Golf 614-645-3375 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sports Office 614-645-3366 email@example.com
- Rental Services 614-645-3340 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events 614-645-3800 email@example.com
Department of Public Service:
- The in-person permit counter will be closed at the end of business today and an online, email or phone permitting process will be utilized.
- Parking tickets can be paid online www.parkcolumbus.com or call (844) 565-1295
- Impound Lot customer hours will be 11am-6pm Monday-Saturday and are subject to change.
- Use the City of Columbus portal https://portal.columbus.gov/permits for permit applications.
- Contact the permit counter through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 645-7497 with any issues or concerns.
The following Department of Public Service offerings will be affected by these changes:
- Process and Issuances of Right-of-Way Permits (i.e. Occupancy permit, excavation, permits, Oversize Permits, Food Truck Permits, etc.
- City of Columbus specification books
- No Parking Signs for permitted projects.