COLUMBUS (WCMH) — Columbus police are asking the public for help to find 29-year-old Tyler Davis who has not been seen since he went missing from the Easton area in February.


Police said on Thursday they have spent countless hours investigating the case but don’t know what happened to Tyler.

“Is he still out there in the Easton area and we just haven’t found him yet? Did he try to get a ride from somebody back to his hotel and something bad happened? There are a thousand what-ifs we could do at this point. We don’t have an answer yet,” police said during the press conference.

During the press conference, Tyler’s wife, Brittany, made an emotional plea for anyone with information about her husband to come forward.

“It’s been a really long time and our family deserves answers,” Brittany said.

Tyler Davis’ Disappearance

Tyler Davis and his wife, Brittany, of Wilmington, planned a night at the Hilton Hotel on Feb. 24 on her birthday, according to NBC News.

The day before, the couple drove to Columbus and dropped their 20-month-old son off at their in-laws and then drove to the Hilton hotel.

Brittany said they hung out with a close friend at the hotel and then hours later the three of them left the hotel and walked around the Easton shopping center.

The trio ate dinner, walked around the town center and then took an Uber back to the hotel at about 3 a.m.

After the couple returned to the hotel, Brittany said Tyler seemed frustrated and confused and decided to go for a walk. Their friend went with him, she told NBC News.

Brittany said she heard from Tyler by phone at 3:30 a.m. and then again at 4:10 a.m.

Each time, Tyler said he would return.

At 4:10 a.m., Brittany told NBC News was walking back and could see the hotel and said: “I’ll be right there.

“He sounded so confused. And he is not an outdoorsy person at all. There could be two trees right beside each other and he would call that ‘woods,’” she said.

Tyler called her a third time.

Seconds later, Brittany’s phone rang again. It was Tyler.

“I answered it and there was an open line for about four seconds. Then the phone hung up,” Brittany told NBC News. “I called him back and his phone was off. And it’s been off ever since.”

Columbus police played a clip of Tyler’s voice during the press conference on Thursday.

“What it showed me was intent. It showed me that Tyler wasn’t trying to go sneak off and have another life somewhere else. That shows me, man, I want to get home,” Columbus police said. “Tyler didn’t know we would be sitting here listening to his voice. But then again he’s still able to tell us something … His intent was to get back to the hotel.”