Columbus Crew owner now says 2018 season ticket holders will be offered refund

Local News

COLUMBUS (WCMH) — The Columbus Crew’s ownership has reversed their position on 2018 season ticket holders being allowed a refund.

Last week, a Crew SC spokesman told NBC4 that fans who had previously bought tickets for next season would not be offered refunds, despite the possibility of the Club moving to Texas, at season’s end.

In a statement from Precourt Sports Ventures, owner and club CEO Anthony Precourt said 2018 season ticket members will be allowed to secure a refund from 2pm Thursday, Oct. 25 until 5pm Friday, Nov. 3.

Precourt noted the members will receive an email, with instructions on how to get their money back.

Fans seem hopeful that is just the first change of heart from Precourt.

“The supporters have been really loud, since last week,” said Walt Keys, a Crew SC fan. “Hopefully they [Club ownership] can hear the supporters and hear the fans on these bigger issues like keeping the team in Columbus.”

Precourt, along with Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber, are scheduled to meet with Mayor Andrew Ginther and the Columbus Partnership in the weeks to come.

On Wednesday, Precourt noted no decision has been made on the Club’s future.Click here to read his full statement. Keep checking NBC4i.com for real-time updates on this story. To get alerts for breaking news, grab the free NBC4 News App for iPhone or Android. You can also sign up for email alerts.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending on NBC4i.com

Today's Central OH Forecast

More Forecast

Don't Miss

Alexa

Storm Team 4 on Alexa

W3Schools