COLUMBUS (WCMH) — For the third time this year, Columbus City Schools will dismiss early Tuesday due to heat.
Storm Team 4 is calling for high temperatures in the low 90s Tuesday. The heat index may make it feel like the upper 90s.
Below is additional information about this precautionary step and what it will mean for families:
- All high school and middle school students will be dismissed starting at Noon.
- Students in elementary, K-6, and K-8 schools will be dismissed starting at 1:00 pm.
- All students will be served lunch before they are dismissed.
- Afternoon buses will run approximately 2.5 hours earlier. Families need to make alternative plans to meet children at the bus stop early or arrange for early pick-up at the school.
- High school sports practices will continue as scheduled.
- Latchkey will still be open and ready to welcome students at 1:00 p.m.
- Teachers and staff will remain at the buildings until the end of the regular day. Faculty and staff will be able to work in the limited cool/air-conditioned spaces. Teachers will also assist in supervising any students who cannot be transported home early.