If you’re in the market for a new furry best friend, there’s no better day to find them than today.
In central Ohio, eight area animal shelters are participating in NBC’s annual Clear the Shelters, with many of the shelters offering reduced adoption fees, refreshments, games and activities for the entire family. Many of the shelters are at or near capacity with dogs and other pets of all sizes available for adoption.
Participating shelters in central Ohio include:
- Fayette Regional Humane Society, from 8am to 1pm
- Wright-Poling Pickaway County Dog Shelter, from 10am to 3:30pm
- Union County Humane Society, from 1pm to 5pm
- Fairfield County Dog Adoption Center and Shelter, from 11am to 3pm
- Franklin County Dog Shelter and Adoption Center, from 9am to 5pm
- Jackson County Dog Pound, from 10am to 2pm
- Humane Society of Delaware County, from 12pm to 6pm
- The Animal Shelter Society, Inc., from 10am to 4pm.
Since 2015, 6,810 local pets have found new homes through the Clear the Shelters initiative. Nationally, more than 150,000 pets have been adopted.