KENTON, Ohio (WCMH) — The man accused of kidnapping a 7-year-old girl in November in Hardin County has been indicted on multiple charges, including rape and attempted murder.
Charles Eugene Castle has been held on a $750,000 bond in connection with the disappearance of the girl, who was taken from her home overnight and was missing for about two days before being found alone in a vacant house.
On Tuesday, a grand jury returned a 17-count indictment:
- Seven counts of kidnapping
- One count of rape
- One count of attempted aggravated murder
- One count of assault
- One count of endangering children
- One count of burglary
- Three counts of tampering with evidence
- One count of breaking and entering
- One count of possessing criminal tools
Castle had pleaded not guilty to an original charge of kidnapping last month. At his arraignment hearing, prosecutors said Castle had a felony criminal record, which included drug cases.
The girl’s father said she spent weeks in the hospital recovering but has since returned home. He said Castle lived nearby and was considered a family friend.