COLUMBUS (WCMH) — In its daily release of COVID-19 coronavirus information, the Ohio Department of Health reported no confirmed cases of the disease in Ohio.
According to ODH, there are five people currently under investigation. In total, nine people have been tested and all have been negative for the disease.
There are 322 confirmed cases throughout the United States.
Neighboring states Kentucky, Indiana, and Pennsylvania have reported their first confirmed cases over the last two days.
ODH announced Friday the opening of a call center to answer questions regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus.
The call center will be open seven days a week from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm and can be reached at 1-833-427-5634.
To prevent the spread of any virus including novel coronavirus, the ODH recommends people practice these preventative measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.