COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — Nationwide Children’s Hospital has again been ranked as one of the best children’s hospitals in the United States by U.S. News & World Report.
The 2022-2023 U.S. News & World Report Best Children’s Hospitals Rankings was released by the consumer-rankings publication Tuesday.
2022-2023 Best Children’s Hospitals Honor Roll:
- Boston Children’s Hospital (Massachusetts)
- Texas Children’s Hospital (Texas)
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (Ohio)
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)
- Children’s National Hospital (District of Columbia)
- UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania)
- Children’s Hospital Colorado (Colorado)
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (California)
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital (Ohio)
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford (California)
In addition to California and Pennsylvania, Ohio is one of three states with two children’s hospitals in the top 10 with Cincinnati Children’s Hospital moving up one spot from last year’s honor roll rankings to No. 3, while NCH fell one spot to No. 9.
“Both hospitals [Cincinnati and Columbus], scored not just in the top 50, which is how many hospitals we rank in each specialty, but they scored in the top 20 of hospitals in every single specialty. And that’s really quite unusual,” said Ben Harder, managing editor and chief of health analysis at U.S. News. “So regardless of what condition of, you know, a parents child may be facing, these are hospitals that are really strong choices there. They have a breadth of excellence at a depth of excellence that is almost unrivaled.”
Several factors weigh into the overall “honor roll” rankings, including how hospitals rank in 10 specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, gastroenterology & gastrointestinal surgery, neonatology, nephrology, neurology & neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Claiming the top overall spot for the ninth year in a row, Boston Children’s Hospital ranked No. 1 in five of those 10 specialties. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital ranked No.1 in gastroenterology & GI surgery.
You can watch the full interview with Harder and NBC4 Digital Anchor Kristine Varkony in the video player below.
CLICK HERE to read the full report from U.S. News.