WEST FARGO, ND (WCMH) – A group of neighborhood kids used their water guns to save a homebound North Dakota man from a fire.
It happened Tuesday in West Fargo, North Dakota.
According to a news release, five neighborhood kids were playing when they saw the fire on the deck of an apartment. The children alerted the occupant and then used their water guns to get the fire under control before firefighters arrived.
The West Fargo Fire Department said the occupant was on oxygen and unable to either evacuate or put the fire out himself.
By the time firefighters arrived, the damage was limited to the wood decking and siding near a planter. The planter was determined to be the origin of the fire.
“They had some Super Soakers, so they had some pretty good range,” Fuller told Forum News Service. “They had to refill a couple of times but they pretty much got the fire out. It was just smoldering when we got there.”
The children are credited with saving the building from extensive fire damage and possibly saving the life of the occupant of the apartment.
Firefighters believe that discarded smoking materials in the planter started the fire.What others are clicking on: