Break From Rain Coming
COLUMBUS (WCMH) — Bands of heavy thunderstorms advanced northeast across Ohio Friday. More rain and storms aligned from northeastern Ohio to the Cincinnati area pushed through overnight, some containing heavy rain and frequent lightning. Ponding and minor localized flooding are possible in areas that received 1 to 3 inches of rain.
A warm, muggy southwesterly flow will continue to interact with a slow-moving cold front draped across Lower Michigan and northern Indiana, focusing rain and thunderstorms across the Ohio Valley through Saturday afternoon.
A low-pressure area will ripple along a cold front tonight and early Saturday, triggering rounds of showers and storms. The front will push south of the state Saturday night, ushering in drier air Sunday.
Behind the front, the air will be a little less humid Sunday early next week, with sunshine and a few clouds.
- Tonight: Showers, storms, heavy at times, muggy. Low 70
- Saturday: Showers, few storms, drying in the evening. High 80
- Sunday: Partly sunny. High 83 (65)
- Monday: Mostly sunny. High 85 (63)
- Tuesday: Sunny, warm. High 87 (66)
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, shower possible. High 85 (67)
- Thursday: Mostly sunny. High 87 (65)