High pressure along the Appalachians is responsible for considerable sunshine and gusty southwesterly winds that nudged temperatures into the low 80s under mainly sunny skies, 10-15 degrees above normal for early October.
Monday will be breezy and balmy, with readings topping 80 degrees. A weak cold front will bring some clouds Monday evening through early Tuesday, with a spotty shower or two, followed by afternoon clearing and slightly cooler and drier air midweek.
Unseasonably warm and dry conditions will continue until a stronger cold front arrives at the end of the week with scattered showers late Thursday and Friday, ending early in the weekend with seasonably cool weather.
- Tonight: Mainly clear, mild. Low 63
- Monday: Mostly sunny, breezy, warm. High 83
- Tuesday: Mix clouds and sun, little cooler. High 76 (65)
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny. High 77 (57)
- Thursday: Partly sunny, showers p.m. High 80 (61)
- Friday: Few showers. High 75 (62)
- Saturday: Shower, breezy, cooler. High 64 (56)