The skies were tinted amber from a patch of smoke and particles emanating from the more than 200 active wildfires burning in western Canada.
High pressure moving over New England will bring sunny to partly cloudy conditions and fairly warmer weather to start the week beneath a broad upper-level ridge over the central portion of the country. Temperatures will reach the low 80s early in the week.
A backdoor cold front will move through the state later on Wednesday, bringing more clouds and a slight chance for a shower in the evening or overnight. A cooldown will occur on Thursday, with readings falling back into the 60s, along with cooler mornings in the upper 40s.
The dry pattern will likely continue into the holiday weekend, with only a slight chance for showers, depending on whether a coastal disturbance pushes moistures westward.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, hazy, milder. Low 54
- Monday: Partly cloudy. High 80
- Tuesday: Partly cloudy, warm. High 82 (57)
- Wednesday: Clouds increase. High 83 (57)
- Thursday: Partly cloudy, cooler. High 68 (49)
- Friday: Mostly sunny. High 74 (45)
- Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 77 (50)
- Sunday: Mostly sunny. High 79 (53)