Authorities Call It ‘a Bit Frustrating’ After ‘Missing’ Woman Found on ‘The Bachelor’

News
020518-bachelor-1280x720_388396

Custom CSS

A missing persons case may have been solved, but the whereabouts of the “lost” woman have many scratching their heads. 

Bekah Martinez has been a standout on the latest season of The Bachelor. At age 22, she’s the youngest contestant. 

Now she’s making news of another kind after a local newspaper in northern California published photos of 35 missing locals, and she was one of them. 

Apparently after her mom told police she didn’t know where her daughter was and she was unable to reach her on her cell phone, a missing person’s report was filed with deputies in Humboldt County. 

But she was removed from the list after a Bachelor viewer recognized her.

An exasperated Bekah tweeted: “Mom. How many times do I have to tell you I don’t get cell service on The Bachelor??” 

Deputies were later able to speak to Bekah and confirmed she was OK.

Humboldt County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Samantha Karges said it was a “bit frustrating” that someone was on the list but hadn’t really been missing. 

Bekah is currently one of 10 women still vying for bachelor Arie Luyendyk’s hand in marriage.

Luyendyk spoke about the missing person’s drama on Live with Kelly & Ryan Monday. 

“I think the PSA for that is ‘call your parents’,” he said. 

RELATED STORIES

‘Bachelor’ Contestant Was Reported Missing Last Year, but There She Is on TV

Body Found in Pond Is Believed to Be Missing 4-Year-Old Boy: Police

Newly Found Investigation Notes Provide Leads in 1999 Cold Case of Missing Girls

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Interactive Radar

STORY TOOLS

Don't Miss

Today's Central OH Forecast

More Forecast

Alexa

Storm Team 4 on Alexa

W3Schools