Concert for Community: ColumbusUSA to feature local talent

Year In Harmony
columbus-commons-generic_1554237412908.jpg

COLUMBUS (WCMH) — Thousands of people will gather tonight at the Columbus Commons for The Concert for Community: ColumbusUSA.

The free show will feature the Columbus Children’s Choir, 40 local musical artists and Harmony Project’s 500-voice choir. For members of the choir, Harmony is more than just music; its a commitment to the community.

Each choir member commits to volunteering throughout the year to be a part of the choir. In some cases singing comes second.

“Ironically the day I got the letter to join the choir I was put on vocal rest,” said Chaundra Davis, Harmony Project member. “So I would sit in on rehearsals and really get to know the people. And that just opened my mind to what it really was. It was Really less about the choir and more about the community”

Fellow choir member Marquetta Rupert agrees.

“Volunteering and putting in service hours definitely opened up my mind, opened up my heart to how we can tear down those barriers and those differences and come together and build a better Columbus,” she said.

Both women will be sharing the stage in a powerful Duet tonight.

Unfortunately the concert this evening is full, but you can learn more about Harmony Project by reading our previous stories or clicking here.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

STORY TOOLS

Today's Central OH Forecast

More Forecast

Alexa

Storm Team 4 on Alexa

W3Schools