COLUMBUS (WCMH) — Columbus City Schools announced it will start serving free breakfast and lunch to all children and students under 18 at 8 a.m. Monday at 13 district school locations.
Breakfast will be served from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. and lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. Students picking up a breakfast can take home that day’s lunch, and students picking up a lunch can take home the following day’s breakfast.
The locations for the free meal pickup are:
- Linden-McKinley STEM Academy, 1320 Duxberry Avenue, 43211
- South 7-12, 1160 Ann Street, 43206
- Buckeye Middle School, 2950 South Parsons Avenue, 43207
- Independence High School, 5175 East Refugee Road, 43232
- Columbus Afrocentric Early College, 3223 Allegheny Avenue, 43209
- Sherwood Middle School, 1400 Shady Lane Road, 43227
- Centennial High School, 1441 Bethel Road, 43220
- Columbus Global Academy, 4077 Karl Road, 43224
- Mifflin High School, 3245 Oak Spring Street, 43219
- Woodward Park Middle School, 5151 Karl Road, 43229
- West High School, 179 South Powell Avenue, 43204
- Starling PreK-8, 145 South Central Avenue, 43222
- Wedgewood Middle School, 3800 Briggs Road, 43228
The move to free meals comes after Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine announced last week that all K-12 schools in the state must close for at least three weeks in order to fight the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.