COLUMBUS (WCMH) — The Ohio Air National Guard conducted a series of flyovers in central Ohio Wednesday in honor of those helping battle COVID-19 and as a morale booster for Ohioans.
The flyby featured two F-16s from the 180th Fighter Wing as well as a KC-135 from the 121st AWR.
The 121st Air Refueling Wing of the Air National Guard started the flyovers at 1 p.m. and highlighted the following areas:
- 1 p.m. — Mount Carmel St. Ann’s
- 1:02 p.m. — Riverside Methodist Hospital
- 1:03 p.m. — The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- 1:05 p.m. — Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- 1:07 p.m. — Mount Carmel East
“The 121st Air Refueling Wing is honored to extend our salute to Ohio healthcare workers, first
responders, military members and other essential personnel, as a small thank you for helping to
keep Ohioans safe,” the Department of the Air Force wrote in an announcement of the event.
NBC4 will stream several of the flyovers right here on NBC4i.com and the NBC4 Facebook page.