COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — NBC4 aired a special presentation of our Remarkable Women series announcing central Ohio’s Woman of the Year on Thursday.
The half-hour special was hosted by NBC4 anchor Colleen Marshall.
During the program, four Remarkable Women finalists, who were selected out of nearly two hundred recommendations from our community were honored by sharing their exceptional stories.
The finalists included:
- Dr. Deepa Halaharvi, whose personal journey through breast cancer gives her patients comfort and hope.
- Traci Lewis, who helps parents realize that they can have children and graduate from college.
- “Annie,” who is risking her own personal safety to get people out of Afghanistan.
- Angela Mingo, who is an advocate of health and housing being one and the same, especially when it comes to children.
At the end of the program, “Annie,” was named central Ohio’s Woman of the Year and received a $1,000 donation to the charity of her choice. She will now go on to be considered for our parent company’s national award, giving her the opportunity to be named Nexstar Media Group’s Woman of the Year.
Here is how you can help support the work of all our finalists:
- To support breast cancer patients (Deepa Halaharvi): https://foundation.ohiohealth.com/deepa
- To help provide food to those struggling in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Ukraine and US (“Annie”): https://www.heartofanace.org/
- To support programs to enhance educational opportunities for youth (Angela Mingo): Greater Columbus Community Helping Hands (gcchh.net)
- To support the ACCESS Parenting Student Emergency Support Fund (Traci Lewis): https://www.giveto.osu.edu/makeagift/?fund=309471
Watch NBC4’s “Remarkable Women” special in the player above.