WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump says businesses and individuals will receive a "massive tax cut" under a tax reform package he plans to unveil next week.
In an interview with The Associated Press, Mr. Trump says the plan will result in tax cuts for both individuals and businesses. He would not provide details of the plan, saying only that the tax cuts will be "bigger I believe than any tax cut ever."
The president says the package will be released on "Wednesday or shortly thereafter" - just before his 100 day mark in office.
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin initially set a goal of getting tax reform passed by August, but that deadline has slipped. Mnuchin now says the administration still hoped to get a bill passed well before the end of the year.
- Authorities investigating after body found at Crawford County Landfill
- Ohio business under investigation for massive food stamp fraud
- One killed, two injured in Delaware County crash
- Ohio employers to get back $1.5 billion from Bureau of Workers Comp
- Grove City police looking for missing 14-year-old boy
- Mayor Ginther discusses progress on neighborhood safety strategy
- Olentangy Orange holds signing day to honor students joining military
- Columbus police cracking down on 'squad' violence
- Reynoldsburg PD increase patrols after increase in vehicles passing stopped school busses
- 2 Dallas police officers wounded in shooting outside store