NEW YORK (AP) - A New Jersey family says their plans to celebrate a birthday in Nevada were crushed when JetBlue Airways kicked them off the plane for storing a birthday cake in an overhead bin.
Cameron Burke tells the Daily News they were flying out of Kennedy Airport May 3 when he was asked to remove the cake, which he did. He said another attendant berated him, telling them to leave the plane after he questioned whether the attendant had been drinking.
JetBue said Sunday the cake and other items were stowed in a bin reserved for safety and emergency equipment and the family refused multiple requests to remove them.
The airline said the family cursed and yelled at the crew. Police were called and the captain determined they would not be allowed to fly.
- New Ceremony to be held Wednesday to honor, remember coach Earle Bruce
- Authorities investigating after body found at Crawford County Landfill
- Ohio business under investigation for massive food stamp fraud
- Grove City police looking for missing 14-year-old boy
- Bikers stop traffic to help woman cross busy road
- Hair loss condition doesn't stop beauty queen second grader
- Judge deals big setback to Pres. Trump on 'Dreamers' program
- Columbus police cracking down on 'squad' violence
- Reynoldsburg PD increase patrols after increase in vehicles passing stopped school busses
- 2 Dallas police officers wounded in shooting outside store