WASHINGTON (WCMH) -- A proposed House Resolution would set the stage for the United States to remove itself from the United Nations.
The proposed "American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2017" is sponsored by Rep. Mike Rogers (R-AL). It was introduced in the House on Jan. 3 and referred to the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, according to the Congress website.
The bill proposes that the United States terminate its membership in the UN, that the UN removes its headquarters from the US, and that the US stops participating in the World Health Organization. Read the full bill here.
Should it pass, the act would take effect two years after it is signed.
- Updated Authorities investigating after body found at Crawford County Landfill
- Ohio business under investigation for massive food stamp fraud
- One killed, two injured in Delaware County crash
- Ohio employers to get back $1.5 billion from Bureau of Workers Comp
- Grove City police looking for missing 14-year-old boy
- Mayor Ginther discusses progress on neighborhood safety strategy
- Olentangy Orange holds signing day to honor students joining military
- New Bikers stop traffic to help woman cross busy road
- New Hair loss condition doesn't stop beauty queen second grader
- Updated Judge deals big setback to Pres. Trump on 'Dreamers' program